Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Last Full Day in Bali


Today is my last full day in Bali. At 7:30 in the morning, it already looks like the day will be another winner. I am soon off to breakfast and then to lie poolside for a bit prior to going shopping and to the spa. I may even try ear candling. After that, I will go around a wee bit in the countryside again before catching a Fire Dance to end my time here. My vacation is quickly coming to an end. I have a short time left in this part of the world. Tomorrow I travel back to Singapore and spend the night with Celeste. From there I return to Canada, in particular, Vancouver for a brief time with Kathy and her family. After that, I return home. I am feeling like this trip has been an awesome gift with much to consider and remember in the days ahead.

Yesterday I went to the Elephant Safari Park which is run by an Australian man who is married to a Balinese woman. I enjoyed seeing these magnificent creatures up close, though it certainly differs from a real safari where the animals are free. I decided to go for a ride on one and it turns out her name was Ramona!! That is my sister’s name.

From there we traveled to the Mother Temple which was the most aggressive place I have been in Asia. People tried to get us to pay a lot of money to enter and it sort of reminded me of how Jesus overturned the tables in his own temple out of anger for the injustice he saw there.

Finally, we went for dinner at the Crispy Duck, which made me think of my brother who loves a certain duck, but I am not sure Donald would want to be crispy. It is as if my siblings have been here with me—Corrinne in Singapore; the other two here yesterday.

I best be off. The day holds more adventures.

Peace,

Suzanne


No comments:

Post a Comment