Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feeding Your Soul


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain

I left my umbrella drying in my room and it is raining again. I have just finished having Japanese food here in Bali for a change of pace. I guess I might have to order some green tea and sit to write this blog until I can get back without being soaked.

I have had an awesome last day here in Bali. I shopped and was not too traumatized by the experience. I went to a spa for a yoghurt massage that started with a foot bath of alternating hot and cold water, accompanied by a foot massage. After that, the "toe-to-toe" body massage with yoghurt felt great--well, it was painful too but the coolness of the yoghurt was lovely. Then I soaked in a bath with flower petals. I had hoped to try ear candling but I have run out of time.

After a late lunch, a driver picked me up and took me to do more shopping but this time I did not buy. He took me to the expensive tourist area so I only bought a gift for my sister and a new silver cross for me. I like to collect crosses from around the world. This one is lovely--I got the tourist discount but it really is not much of one. The driver took me to a stunningly gorgeous silver store, called Angel to Angel. Everything was way too expensive for me and I wandered around the store feeling sadder by the moment. I could not afford anything but fell in love with a number of things and wondered why anyone would spend so much on anything, even if it is beautiful.

We finally arrived at the stop for the Kecak and Fire Dance of which the photo captures one of the dancers. The dance was interesting--sort of a Romeo and Juliet tale with a happy ending. I need a few more days here in Bali to see a number of things, including the beaches but I will have to save it for another day. For now, despite the rain, I had better head back and pack. I may not have done it all but I have dreamed, explored and discovered.

Peace,

Suzanne





No comments:

Post a Comment