Monday, March 12, 2012

Destination Nowhere

"And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised." ~
Hebrews 6:14-16

It has been a crazy weird day!! First of all, I woke up and was confused as to what day of the week it was. It felt like it should be Thursday. I had to double check that it was really Monday. I went to work and had a busy day. I got home and managed to call my dad for the results of his ultrasound and CAT scan. The good news/bad news scenario there is puzzling. The doctors still don’t know what the spot on his lungs or kidney are but it is not the C word. Dad for his part is frustrated because he continues to cough up blood and have to run to the bathroom often day and night. Sigh.

I went to the airport to catch a flight only to find out no flights had been flying most of the day. There was a backlog of four flights by the time I arrived. Freezing rain in March in the northern part of the province had wreaked havoc with the planes. After a three and a half hour wait, the flight was canceled. That still works out pretty good for me. I have enough over time booked from the wait that I can still have Thursday off hopefully to get a pedicure and do last minute trip things AND I have tomorrow night here at home to finish doing things. Win-win for me. Not so much though for the people anxious to get home tonight. I felt bad for them. I do feel like after waiting patiently, I still received a promise from God that all would be well—and for me it is. After a few moment of panic about needing to work on Thursday, I am pretty sure it will all work out. I will see what my boss says tomorrow.

Now I am home and I think I am just going to head to bed. It has been a crazy day.

Peace,

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment