Monday, March 19, 2012

Suzanne in Singapore

"Do you want to be made well?" ~ John 5:6

I have slept well after arriving in Singapore last evening. My friend Celeste picked me up from the airport and we arrived at her great little condo. After chatting a bit, we had supper and she oriented me a little to her life here. I was in bed at 11:00 pm and awoke fairly refreshed.

This morning, as I had promised myself I went poolside for the first part of the day. I did my morning readings there and the Gospel of John had the lame man wanting to be made well. As I lay in the sun, I could feel my soul stilling and I thought, "Yes, I do want to be made well on this trip." I have been so tired at home lately that this will be a good and necessary break. I have totally unplugged from work which on the one hand, feels weird not to be checking my Blackberry but it also feels wonderful to leave it all behind.

I will write about the Hong Kong part of the journey another time. For now, I am off to the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.

Peace,

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment