Sunday, March 25, 2012

Letting Go


“Unbind him and let him go!” ~ Jesus in John 11 in the raising of Lazarus story

I am now in beautiful Bali. I arrived shortly after noon today and made the trek to the Guest House where you see the view from my balcony. It is really lovely. I hope to get out and explore more of the town tomorrow after a good night’s sleep.

Today I did sit by the pool for a short time before venturing out on the streets to sightsee. I had Indonesian food for supper—rice, some tasty vegetables, and a beef dish. I tried a white mango drink to which you added liquid sugar—I really liked that part!! I assume it is made out of sugar cane.

I feel a little like I have been unbound this trip. I am living mostly in the moment due to needing to pay attention. I have done little thinking about work or worship issues that were causing me stress. I find it hard to believe that in a week this little adventure will be over and I will be sleeping in my own bed. I will just continue to enjoy the moment instead of thinking about that.

I am perhaps a little bit like Lazarus. I was “dead-tired” when I left work ten days ago. Somehow, I did get a second wind before leaving though maybe still “sleeping” a little. Now I feel as if I have been called out of the tomb, submerging myself in the beauty of this experience. I am grateful for this entire journey. I feel so fortunate to see the things I am seeing and to live out the gifts as they unfold. Tonight I had an amazing massage, followed by a facial in one of the many spas that litter this town. I found myself intrigued a little by the differences in massage techniques.

Where are you at these days? Are you in the cave, long dead, or have you been unbound and set free? This is the last week of Lent. May you cast off all that has enslaved you and make your way back to the Light. Jesus is there calling you forth, waiting for you.

Peace,

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. 11, eh?

    I held off on making a crack about that Buddha belly picture, but your quote reference forced me off of the bench :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was going to pose rubbing my own belly but decided against it!

    ReplyDelete