Monday, March 26, 2012

Jump, Monkey, Jump!


"By trying often the monkey learns to jump from the tree.” ~ African proverb

I walked through the Sacred Monkey Forest this morning. It was a wee bit out of my comfort zone but they left me totally alone. They licked and kissed the other humans. I did not buy any bananas to feed them so I was not one of their attractions. Watching them play in their natural environment was pretty cool; seeing how humans are careless and put the monkeys in peril was not. Lots of stolen treasures ranging from cigarette cases to water bottles were their new toys. It made me nervous, wondering how that might impact them if they swallowed a water bottle cap or something.

Tonight I am dining at a Thai restaurant called Siam Sally and just finishing up with a marvellous fruit platter with new items, most of which I forget the name of except for snake fruit. I also remember the monkeys munching on these little furry red on the outside and jelly-like fruit in the inside today.

Learning new things here has been interesting--such as how do I eat these new fruits. The waiter recommended not eating the nut in the middle of the snake fruit! Like a monkey, I will learn to jump from the tree!

Peace,

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment