Thursday, March 15, 2012

Living Without Regrets

May you live each day
With no regret
Make the most of every chance you get
Let your eyes get wide
When you look at the stars
With the same sense of wonder as a child's heart

~ Addison Road, lyrics from This Little Light of Mine

I heard this song as I pulled up in front of the Blue Moon where I was about to meet a Balinese man who works there. As I prepare to depart for Singapore and Bali, I love that I am embracing this principle. I want to live each day without regret and make the most of every chance I get. I do hope that as I travel around I will let my eyes get wide with awe and breathe in the moon (which should be full at some point in the journey) and stars, and have a heart of a child.

Ferdinan did not disappoint. He was a lovely man who laughed happily when he met me. My friend who owns Blue Moon told me he was waiting all week to meet me. If all Balinese are so joyous, I will come back transformed by the sheer happiness of my time with these people. He gave me his brother’s phone number and mentioned he works in the tourist industry so can get me to wherever I want to go. He then proceeded to draw a map of Bali and plunk in the spots he thought I should go to and how I could group them so that I could see everything in two days and still have two days to hang out in Ubud. He suggested seeing a Fire Dance, which is like a Balinese musical theatre story of the equivalent of Romeo and Juliet. He suggested going to see that in the south of Bali where you can sit on the cliff and have the ocean as your back drop. First, though, I should go snorkeling and after the Dance, I should have a seafood supper on the beach. I love it when I do not even have to think!

The other day he thought I should climb the volcano, going shopping for crafts, check out the elephant park where I can ride one through the rice paddies and jungle, and even stop at the deaf school. While in this particular spot, he is suggesting that I go to an Indonesian buffet. Sounds like fun to me!!

I am so grateful for this opportunity. Stay tuned for my Asian Adventures beginning soon right here!

Peace,

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment