Saturday, March 10, 2012

Jesus Tweeted Me

Jesus called me on my cell phone
No roaming charges were incurred
He told me that I should go out in the world
And spread His glorious word

~from The Calling, Altar Boyz

Friends and I went to the delightfully fun production of the Altar Boyz tonight. A unique spin on boy bands, these Catholic (and one Jewish) young men sing and dance their way through an hour and a half of songs and turmoil. Poking fun at how Catholics stand, sit and kneel through a mass or coming out as a Catholic who had been beaten by Episcopalian thugs were songs that had people chuckling.

Sexual innuendos spice up the play, including a song about abstinence. As in any musical theater paying attention to lyrics is important in order to understand the story line. In this play, you will find yourselves amused at the words.

Fun evening! Good friends, laughter, and a reminder to go out there and spread God’s word.

Peace,

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment